We’ve come to the end of the first term for 2017/18 school year and we have already seen over 2,300 pupils participate in 15 SSP events. We have also provided Bikeability Cycle training to almost 300 pupils in 7 different schools.
The events have been in a range of different sports and physical activities from multi skills festivals, to Change4Life festivals to tag rugby competitions. The events have aimed to provide all pupils with an opportunity to represent their school and enjoy being active alongside pupils from other schools.
Pupils from 20 different schools have participated in SSP events between September and December. We would really like to acknowledge these schools for the number of pupils they have had partake in our events:
- Norwich Primary Academy (252 children)
- Saint Francis of Assisi Primary School (236 children)
- Bluebell Primary School (219 children)
- West Earlham Junior School (196 pupils)
- Cringleford Primary School (182 children)
Also, a special recognition to the schools who have participated in the most events through the first term that they are eligible for:
- Colman Junior School (100% events attended)
- Bluebell Primary School (90% events attended)
- Norwich Primary Academy (81% events attended)
- West Earlham Junior School (81% events attended)
- Saint Francis of Assisi Primary School (72% events attended)
George Harmer, Community Sport Project Officer said
“It’s been such a great first term and it’s amazing to see the amount of children participating in activities from competitive sport to non-competitive physical activity. I’m looking forward to what the next school term has for us!”
Next term brings us more festivals, more development leagues and also our ‘Top of the Pops Dance Show’ on January 24th. To keep up to date with all our events check out our Events Calendar.