CLIFF PARK Ormiston Academy
No. on roll: 900 11 – 16 Mixed
School Games Organiser (SGO – Sports)
Dates: Starting – March 2018 (or sooner if possible)
Salary: point 26 – 28 (£23,398 – £24,964 pro rata)
Contract Type: 0.6 (3 days/22.5 hours per week) -Term Time only plus reasonable travelling expenses
Contract Term: Temporary one year contract – to be renewed annually whilst the academy receives government funding – currently expected until August 2020.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed professional to join our highly successful PE Faculty. Based at Cliff Park Ormiston Academy, the successful candidate will be required to manage the delivery of the Schools’ competition framework whilst continuing to work with schools and academies across the Norfolk Partnership, Active Norfolk and the Local Organisation Committee (LOC).
Based in Gorleston, Cliff Park Ormiston Academy is a vibrant and happy 11-16 secondary comprehensive academy in the heart of Great Yarmouth. Our students are a fantastic group of young people, supported by a wonderful team of staff who are committed to ensuring continuous improvement in a positive “can do” culture. This mix creates an academy that is a pleasure to work and learn in, with examination results that place us amongst the most successful secondary schools in the country.
What we are looking for:
- Someone who has a passion for Sport and wants to work in education. Experience of working with young people would be an advantage.
- Someone who can act as a role model, setting high expectations for both work and conduct.
- Someone who can successfully organise and promote sporting competitions and festivals within a school environment.
- Someone who can manage a team of coaches, sports teachers and other relevant professionals.
- Someone who can measure impact and plan for future provision.
- Someone who has a working knowledge of ICT, including keyboard skills and Microsoft Office.
- Someone who has excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Someone who has the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Someone who is prepared to work flexible hours (during school time and after school).
- Someone who has a valid driving licence and own transport to travel between sites.
- Someone who has the ability to manage a budget.
Why work at Cliff Park Ormiston Academy?
- An opportunity to join an ambitious academy at the heart of the local community.
- Cliff Park Ormiston Academy combines the traditional values of good manners and respect with world class teaching.
- Excellent opportunities for professional development, both within the academy and via our sponsor Ormiston Academies Trust/Ormiston East.
Cliff Park Ormiston Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Candidates will be required to undergo the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) enhanced disclosure process.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 19th February 2018