The SSP is proud to have been selected by The FA to become a Girls Football Area Hub. The status will involve us working closely with the FA, the Youth Sport Trust and Norfolk FA to help increase the number of girls who participate in football in England.
In its recent “The Game Plan for Growth” strategy The FA have set some ambitious targets to;
- Double participation by 2020
- Double fans by 2020
- Consistent success on the World Stage by 2020
One of the projects which they have launched to achieve these targets is the Girls Football Area Hub. The aim of the project is to build a solid infrastructure of education based FA Girls Area Hubs in order to create strategic partnerships with families of schools that will develop hot spots for the growth and development of girls football.
By being part of the exciting project we hope to offer the following benefits to schools in Norwich:
- Opportunities to work nationally with leading experts in PE, school sport and football to enhance the health, wellbeing and achievements of students.
- National recognition as a pioneering network of schools driving the girls’ game forward in England.
- Direct investment to schools through training, resources, equipment and engagement with positive role models.
- Networking opportunities to share best practice; inspire learning and maximise impact.
- Opportunities for schools to attend high profile women’s domestic and international football matches.
We will be providing schools in Norwich with the chance to take part in the following programmes;
- Active Literacy – Primary Playgrounds (Key Stage 1)
- After School Clubs – (Key Stage 1/2) Pilot Programme for 2017/18
- Game of our Own – Developing life skills through curriculum PE and football (Key Stage 3)
- Girls Football Youth Sport Award (Key Stage 4)
- FA Education Courses (Key Stage 1-4)
Schools will also be given the opportunity to buy tickets for elite women’s football matches such as England Women’s National Team or the SSE Women’s FA Cup Final.
If your school is interested in getting involved in any of the above programmes please contact Jon Osborne (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For more information please download the FA Girls Football Area Hub Prospectus.