This funding is allocated to primary school headteachers. The funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
In the Autumn Statement 2013, the then Chancellor, George Osbourne announced an additional year’s £150m extended funding, taking the total investment to the end of the 2016 academic year.
On 6th February 2014 the then Prime Minister, David Cameron committed to continue the funding for the Primary PE and Sport Premium until 2020.
On the 17th July 2015 the Department for Education announced that 2015/6 funding will remain at the same level as last year.
On 21st September 2016 the Department for Education released its grant conditions for 2016/17.
- SSP Headteacher, Governor and PE Coordinator PE & Sport Premium Funding Workshop – Presentation (1/11/17)
- Evidencing the Impact of Primary PE and Sport Premium Funding – Website Reporting Tool (Word)
- Norwich SSP Website – Presentation, useful information and documents, links to other websites – https://www.norwichssp.co.uk/pe-and-sport-premium/
- Active Norfolk Website – https://www.activenorfolk.org/pe-and-school-sport
- Norfolk School Games Website – http://www.norfolkschoolgames.co.uk/
- Gov.uk Teachers Blog – Advice including best practice examples – https://teaching.blog.gov.uk/category/pe-and-sport-premium/
- UK Coaching – Coaching in Primary Schools Toolkit – http://www.ukcoaching.org/site-tools/about-uk-coaching/coaching-schools-portal
- Sport England Website – Videos on how to use the Premium Funding effectively https://www.sportengland.org/our-work/children-and-young-people/primary-school-sport/
- Youth Sport Trust – https://www.youthsporttrust.org/PE-sport-premium
- Association of Physical Education (AfPE) – http://www.afpe.org.uk/physical-education/advice-on-sport-premium/