The Norfolk Sports Awards is the most esteemed event in Norfolk’s sporting calendar.
Hosted by Active Norfolk, the Norfolk Sports Awards is a night to celebrate and reward the sporting excellence and physical activity achievements of our County.
You can vote for your favourite Norfolk Sports Personality, and nominate those coaches, young athletes, clubs, sports teams, active workplaces and schools that you think deserve to be recognised and rewarded!
Applications are invited in the following categories (click category for criteria)
- Sports Personality of the Year
- Young Sportsperson of the Year
- Sports Team of the Year
- Community Club of the Year
- Coach of the Year
- BBC Unsung Hero
- Services to Disability Sport
- The Active Futures Award
- Active Workplace of the Year
- The Power of Physical Activity Award
- Activity in the Community Award
The Active Futures Award
Schools are eligible to be nominated in the Active Futures Award category. This award recognises settings working with children and young people aged 0-19 that are implementing the principles of the Active Norfolk Active Futures strategy. This can include:
- Improving awareness of the importance of physical activity
- Improving the provision and experience of Norfolk’s youth in sport, physical education, and physical activity
- Developing appropriate spaces for young people to be physically active
- Demonstrating effective use of Primary Premium funding to improve children and young people’s physical competence and experience of PE
- Placing an emphasis on engaging those young people who are most likely to be inactive
- Demonstrating support for children and young people who want to progress to reach their potential through sport and physical activity
How to nominate a school
To nominate a school for the Active Futures Award or for more information about the 2018 Norfolk Sports Awards please visit the Active Norfolk website.