To help us communicate the format and objective of each of our events we have designed a series of Event Themes and Intents. When promoting each event to schools, we specify its Theme and Intent so they can invite the pupils who would benefit most from participating.
– Events are for pupils who enjoy friendly competition but don’t want to solely focus on winning and losing. Events will have a strong emphasis on the School Games values & will focus of supporting the development of physical, personal, emotional & social health
– Events are for pupils who are competitive in nature and enjoy performing and competing against others. Events will use the School Games principles of competition, ensuring SMILES for all.
- Develop confidence and competence within physical activity/sport skills
- Improve knowledge and understanding of sport and physical activity
- Build social skills and connections (i.e. sense of belonging)
- Championing physical literacy
- Improve health and wellbeing (i.e. 60 active minutes)
- Engage new/target groups of young people (tackling inequalities)
- Provide inclusive opportunities
- Create positive experiences
- Promote success and achievement
- Supporting transition
- Develop leadership, character, life skills
- Championing youth engagement
- To engage/influence wider stakeholders