Date(s) - 26/02/2020
4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
City Academy Norwich
299 Bluebell Road
Swimming is an essential life skill and can ensure the safety of children around water. One in four children leave Primary School not having met the national curriculum requirements for swimming (Sport and Recreation Alliance, 2019).
The aim of our new termly Swimming Forum is to support SSP member schools to develop the provision of swimming for their pupils to ensure that all children leave school meeting the national curriculum requirements.
At the Forum staff will;
- Ensure they understand the National Curriculum requirements for swimming
- Understand the national statistics for school swimming lessons
- Understand what information schools are required to report.
- Discuss how schools can measure the success of swimming lessons
- Identify how many pupils in their school leave being able to swim
- Talk about what interventions schools can make to improve swimming data
- Discuss how PE and Sport Funding can help fund interventions
- Discuss the future of the forum
Please note – This forum will not discuss the operational issues involved in running a swimming pool.
Who is it for?
The forum is suitable for school staff from SSP member schools who are involved in the coordination of school swimming lessons including; PE Coordinators, PE Teachers, School Swimming Instructors, Headteachers, Governors.
How to book a place
To book a place(s) please login to the site and complete the below booking form.
The deadline for bookings is Tuesday 25th February.
You must be logged in to make a booking. Please note the deadline for bookings above.