Date(s) - 15/10/2021
9:00 am - 3:30 pm
This is a six-hour course, delivered in one day, that’s made up of a predominantly practical based schedule – so that means there’s plenty of opportunities to get involved and build on knowledge in a practical context!
By the end of the course, you’ll have developed your understanding of:
- The role that invasion games (football) have to play in KS3 and KS4 Physical Education
- Planning units of learning linked to the principles of play
- Organise basic arrival activities that can be modified to manage difference and deliver creative, multi-directional and game-related practices designed to engage all pupils.
As the name of the course suggests, this is a course ideally suited to those working in or aspiring to work within secondary education, such as:
- Undergraduate PE/Sport Coaching students considering secondary PE teaching as a career
- Those working towards becoming a secondary school PE teacher eg: PGCE students
- Qualified, practising secondary PE teachers who want to develop their knowledge and understanding of teaching football
- Other qualified secondary school teachers