We have been looking back at the 2017-18 academic year and the work that we have been doing to use PE, sport and physical activity to improve the lives of pupils in schools within the SSP.
During the past 12 months we have organised 80 events including competitions, festivals, dance shows and fun runs, which have engaged over 9000 pupils from 32 schools from within the SSP. These events have included;
- 20 x inter school competitions in a variety of sports as part of the Norfolk School Games which engaged 2500 pupils from 25 schools. 370 pupils of these pupils qualified to represent the SSP at the Norfolk School Games Finals.
- 2 x Top pf the Pops themed Dance Shows which have provided over 600 pupils from 23 schools with the opportunity to learn a dance and perform it on a big stage with professional sound and lighting in front of a big audience of their friends and family.
- 14 x Multi Skills Festivals which have provided opportunities for almost 1900 Yr R-2 pupils from 17 different schools to take part in a fun festival alongside pupils from other schools.
- 4 x Development Leagues (football, netball, basketball) which have enabled 460 pupils to represent their school whilst develop their skills over a number of central venue match days.
- 3 x Change4Life Festivals which have provided traditionally less active pupils with a chance to represent their school in a fun event alongside pupils from other schools.
- 2 x Inclusive Sports Festivals which provided adapted sports activities for 80 pupils in Year 3-6 with a Special Educational Need or Disability (SEND).
At the above events we have provided practical work experience and support for over 500 Sports Leaders from local schools and colleges through our Leadership Academy programme.
In addition to the above events we have also provided Bikeability Cycle Training to 810 pupils (Yr R-9) to support them to gain the skills and confidence to cycle more often.