Dance is a great way for young people to be physically active whilst also developing their creativity and self confidence. It can also be a great way for schools to engage pupils who wouldn’t normally enjoy taking part in traditional PE/school sport.
Each year the SSP organises two dance shows for pupils in SSP member schools to take part in. The aim of the shows is to give young people an opportunity to create and practice a dance set around a theme and perform it on a big stage in front of their friends and family.
Since 2011 the shows have been held at the OPEN Youth Venue in Norwich benefitting from their large stage and professional sound and lights.
The title of the shows for 2016/17 is “A Night at the Musicals” and schools are invited to perform dances based around a musical theme.
This year’s shows will be held on;
- Wednesday 8th February 2017
- Wednesday 24th May 2017
Support available to schools
The SSP is able to provide schools taking part in the show with a range of support from our SSP Dance Coordinator, including;
- Help to choose a song/theme for a dance
- Support to choreograph a dance
- Suggestions for costumes and makeup
- Providing information about the show to help with trip planning
- Arrange transport for pupils/staff to the show
- Opportunity for pupils to purchase show t-shirts and DVDs
- Information for parents about how they can buy tickets to watch the show
- Access to photographs of pupils taking part in the show
- Digital copy of a video of the school’s performance in the show
How to get involved
For more information about the show or to book for your school to take part please contact the SSP Dance Coordinator Lisa McGreevy on firstname.lastname@example.org.