We have compiled some useful resources from a number of leading organisations to help schools safely resume delivery or PE lessons and extra curricular activities.
Latest Government Guidance
- Guidance from the UK government for the reopening of schools in England
- Guidance on supporting children and young people with SEND
- Guidance for parents and carers on their children attending out of school hour provision
- Guidance on protective measures for holiday or after-school clubs and other out-of-school settings for children.
Association for Physical Education
- COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions – (November 2020)
- Statement re Curriculum and Extra Physical Education – Including guidance on School Swimming, Examination PE, Transport (Sept 2020)
- Practical self review tool for COVID-19 risk assessment – Managing risk, maximising opportunity.
- COVID-19 and PESSPA in a School Setting – Frequently Asked Questions (June 2020)
Youth Trust Trust
- Evidence of the impact of Coronavirus on children’s daily physical activity levels
- Support for delivering PE in schools
- Resources to support the return of school sport and competition
- Info, tools and resources to help support children’s physical, emotional and mental health and wellbeing
- Return to Play – Advice and guidance on how the sport sector can prepare for a safe return to play.
- Join the Movement – A campaign to inspire people to keep active during this time.
- Activity levels research – Research into how coronavirus has impacted people activity levels.
- Funding, flexibility and innovation – A £210 million package of funding has been developed to help the sector through this crisis
- What happens next? – Explanation of government guidance and what it means for the sport sector.
- Advice and guidance for children’s activity providers on safe practice and delivery during restrictions caused by COVID-19.