City Academy Norwich has recently announced details of a new campaign to help more of their students enjoy cycling.
They have launched a “Summer of Cycling” campaign which will provide their students with a range of FREE activities during the Summer Term.
- Dr Bike events – 19 & 20 April: Students will be able to bring their bikes in for a FREE safety check and minor repairs
- Big Pedal – 26 – 30 April: Students will be encouraged to cycle, scoot or walk to school as part of the national Sustran’s Big Pedal 2021 campaign. Prizes will be given for students that participate.
- Bikeability Cycle Training – 10 & 11 May: Training for students in Year 7 & 8 to teach them how to cycle confidently and safely on the roads.
- UCAN Cycle Maintenance Sessions – Students will be able to learn basic cycle maintenance techniques in order to keep their bike roadworthy and safe.
- Public Bike Repair Stand and Pump – We are installing a bike repair stand and pump in the student bike shed so students and staff can maintain their bikes and keep them road worthy.
‘We are really excited to be celebrating our summer of cycling throughout April, May and June. It is really important for students to know how to cycle safely and also take care of their bikes. The Big pedal campaign not only promotes eco travel, but it also celebrates health lifestyle, something we teach all our students here at City Academy Norwich’. Mr P Collin – Headteacher
‘We hope that they will help our students to have the confidence and knowledge to cycle safely on local roads. Also, we will be offering events where they can get their bike fixed by a professional cycle mechanic plus also the chance to learn how to fix their bikes’ Mr J Osborne, Head of Community Sport