Cycling is a great way to stay active and achieve your 60 active minutes for the day. It is also a fun way to get to and from school each day which reduces the number of cars on the roads.
Bikeability is today’s cycle training programme. It’s about gaining practical skills and understanding how to cycle safely on today’s roads.
We offer schools in Norwich the opportunity to receive FREE Bikeability training thanks to funding from the Department for Transport and the support of the Bikeability Trust. All of our Bikeability training is delivered by our delivery partners, Pedal Power Norfolk.
During the Autumn Term we provided Bikeability training for 385 pupils from 5 different schools within the SSP.
We delivered training to the following groups of pupils;
- 60 x Year 4 pupils from Cringleford Primary
- 47 x Year 4 pupils from Colman Junior
- 36 x Year 5 pupils from Hethersett VC Primary
- 24 x Year 5 & 6 pupils from West Earlham Junior
- 60 x Year 5 pupils from Cringleford Primary
- 24 x Year 24 pupils from Colman Junior
- 24 x Year 6 pupils from Avenue Junior
- 42 x Year 6 pupils from Hethersett VC Primary
- 42 x Year 6 pupils from Cringleford Primary
- 26 x Year 5 pupils from Cringleford Primary
Jon Osborne from Norwich SSP commented;
“We are really proud of the work that we are doing along with our partners Pedal Power to provide pupils in Norwich with FREE Bikeability training.”
“Our instructors had a busy Autumn Term and have done a great job to train hundreds of pupils in local schools. We hope that the training has given the children the skills and confidence to cycle more often.”
To find out more about Bikeability
To find out more about Bikeability check out the Bikeability website www.bikeability.org
Parents Bikeability Club
Parents can sign up to join the Bikeability Club to receive newsletters with more information about Bikeability training, as well as useful hints and tips on riding together as a family and enjoying cycling after your Bikeability course, plus offers, promotions and other opportunities.