Date(s) - 11/01/2018
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Mulbarton Primary School
The 3 hour workshop is part of our role as an FA Girls Football Area Hub
. The aim is to support the FA to double the amount of girl participating in football by 2020.
The Active Literacy Primary Playground Programme is an initiative set up by the FA in partnership with the National Literacy Trust to improve the literacy skills of children through sport themed activities.
The programme targets girls aged 5-7 years with the hope that the link between football and literacy helps to engage young girls into football, a fresh way to sell the sport and make it appealing to them.
The activities are built around creative play and each girl will receive a creative work book to complete and support their learning. There will be 3 stories that an Activator in each school will work through with the Girls.
By attending the workshop each school will receive:
- Receive three storybooks plus 20 copies of a Home Activity Book, for the girls to do with their families.
- Training for a member of staff, who will be the Activator or will be supporting the Activator in school.
Who is the training suitable for?
Schools should identify a suitable Activator or PE/Literacy Coordinator who can attend the training. This person will then either deliver the programme within their school (Activator) or share the learning with an identified Activator back at their school (PE or Literacy Coordinator).
The ideal Activator will be:
- Able to understand and adapt sessions to individual needs and ability; be familiar with delivering to a session plan
- Able to make the girls feel like they are in a safe/comfortable environment; can manage group dynamics and be comfortable with creative play
- Have a fun and creative mindset; can tell a story and bring it to life, be able to engage the most disengaged
The club can be run by playground leaders or young leaders from a local secondary school, but these groups will require large amount of support from the member of staff who attended the training to maximise impact on the participating girls.
For further details about the Active Literacy Primary Playgrounds programme please see the attached briefing sheet. If you have any further questions about the workshop please feel free to contact me.
How to book?
If you would like to book a place on this FREE training course please follow the below link to the Youth Sport Trust website.
PLEASE NOTE – You will need to login to your Youth Sport Trust website user account. If you don’t already have an account you can set one up easily and quickly by following the above link.