Change4Life Sport Clubs
Through funding from the Department of Health, we recruit and support primary schools to establish Change4Life ‘Inspired’ Sports Clubs and embed them at the heart of school life.
They seek to enable children to develop healthy hearts, happy hearts, social hearts and successful hearts.
“Nationally, ‘less active’ tends to refer to children who do not undertake the recomended daily minimum of 60 minutes of moderate to vigorous intensity physical activity.”
The Department of Health
Change4Life Sports Clubs are a new type of extracurricular sports club, designed to increase physical activity levels in less active children in primary schools by:
– Using multi-sport themes.
– Using the inspiration of the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
– Responding to what children want.
– Establishing a habit of regular participation.
– Developing a real sense of belonging.
– Changing behaviours relating to key health outcomes (including healthy eating, physical activity and emotional health).
If you are interested in a Change4Life Sports Club at your school, please contact email@example.com
Change4Life Festivals are an opportunity for traditionally less active pupils to increase their physical activity levels while representing their schools alongside other schools in Norwich.
Pupils come to City Academy Norwich to participate in the multi-sport themed festival with 224 primary school students over the three festivals in 2016/17.
The dates for the Change4Life Festivals in 2017/18 are:
– Friday November 3rd 2pm – 4pm at City Academy Norwich
– Friday March 16th 2pm – 4pm at City Academy Norwich
– Friday June 8th 2pm – 4pm at City Academy Norwich